Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Conflict Theory (Chapter1)


My two dogs both trying to eat out of the same food bowl represents the Conflict Theory. This is representative of the Conflict Theory in the sense that my dogs are both in a struggle for scarce resources. Conflict Theory refers to the scarce resources being things such as power, prestige, and property. The food that my dogs are struggling for would most closely relate with property. Conflict Theory is all about promoting change and wanting to change things. If my dogs were to think of this with the mindset of a Conflict Theorist, they would probably be seeing the problem of only having one bowl and wondering how to change it in order for them to more easily get food for themselves. Conflict Theory is an “angry” theory, meaning it is all about change. To say my dogs were angry and would like a change is an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment